Monday, February 8, 2010

Is Any One Familiar With The Word Procrastinator?

Hello!  I'm sure most of you have heard of procrastination before.  It may be something you heard when you were at school, or, it may even be something you have become aware of more recently.  What causes procrastination?  Why do we procrastinate?  Well, I'm going to put myself out there and say, I have unknowingly been procrastinating because I am a bit of a perfectionist.  For those of you who know me I can hear you laughing.  Yes, I like everything to be planned and accounted for.  I'm the one with a somewhat critical eye (over my work) that likes to 'see' perfect, whatever that may be!

This is my new blog, I'm excited about its evolution.  However, I've had a dandy of a job getting this first post out.  I've sat and looked at my blank screen and wondered what on earth's going on?  Have you ever done this before?  It's this need inside of me to get everything just 'so'.  I've got huge bucket loads of ideas running around in my head that it's blocking my momentum.  As a result I've been struggling, it's holding me back, in fact I've come to a screaming halt.

So, here it is.  I've decided to just take the ACTION.  Consistent imperfect action.  This action will work towards my objectives, and no doubt the clarity and all of those good things will be gleaned along the way.  I can now move forward, and stop wasting my precious time.  There are many activities to juggle; snack's to pack, school pick up, sports practice and getting my boys organised to navigate their way through their homework.

Cheers
Aly

1 comment:

  1. It is definitely hard for us perfectionists out there to get things done - just right! But you are correct in saying that the best thing to do is "take action", which in turn creates momentum therefore setting us on the path to where we want to be. Along the way we can "perfect"things"! Keep up the good work Aly xo Sonia

    ReplyDelete